Senior Manager, Testing & Optimization
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
LOCATION: any on the East Coast is preferred but will consider all
You will be working with the Merkle Digital Experience Strategy Team.
You are the kind of marketer that wants to see the data, who questions every assumption and choses an A/B test over a leap of faith. You want to help your clients connect better with their customers. You have experience with Testing on Platforms like Adobe and Optimizely, and are no stranger to advertising and CRM.
Who is Merkle Digital Experience Strategy?
*We find people-based insights that influence and inspire great experiences
*We provide the brands ability to listen to and empathize with their customers at scale over time
*We establish objective and measurable definition of great experiences
*We manage the process of making experiences measurably better and materially valuable for our clients through experimentation via Test and Learn programs
As an Testing & Optimization, Sr Manager at Merkle, your role is to be the driver for Better Performing Brand-Owned Experiences. To do this you will strategically guide and evolve our clients’ digital experience programs in a measurable and meaningful way.
Lead strategy engagements,
- Translate client needs into digital experience solutions, evolving digital experience programs beyond single channel or service line
- Develop strategic direction and provide guidance throughout activities to ensure it is followed and drives success
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop marketing strategies for clients, ensuring supportability and measurement
- Provide innovation and thought leadership both internally and externally
Collaborate with experience strategy and experience optimization practice teams to:
- Administer adoption of optimization & personalization methodology
- Facilitate development of Experience-centered marketing use cases to improve revenue, customer retention etc.
Develop/establish foundational digital experience process/workflow and ensure adherence both internally and externally
- Design/define/assign roles and responsibilities, create RACIs, and work with project management to ensure ongoing compliance
- Develop Measurement Plans, measuring at an experience/test performance level and showing ability to roll up to business objectives
- Create Socialization Plans to evangelize program results at all levels
- Conduct discovery workshops and internal & external ideation meetings
- Design client deliverables including tests, use cases, journey maps, stakeholder interviews. Etc.,
- Develop research initiatives that feed strategy
- Identify audiences and subsegment personalization opportunities
- Drive client, working with appropriate internal teams for support, to multi-channel maturity and adoption of automation to increase optimization outputs
Exceed client expectations
- Monitor performance of program and report on effectiveness to show ROI
- Develop & sustain client relationships by becoming a trusted Subject matter expert and partner to your client
- Monitor and ensure adherence to SOW
- Monitor quality of team outputs
- Proactively monitor/assess risks
- Develop both client and internal teams
- Create vision and motivation, coach, foster innovation
- Provide guidance across disciplines internally at Merkle
- Build client team and foster culture of continuous experience optimization
- Share thought leadership, research, and results with internal team and encourage reciprocal communication
Cultivate and drive development of new business
- Collaborating with other teams within Merkle in cross functional, large brand projects
- Identifying client issues and uncovering business opportunities for Merkle
- Design and develop qualitative and quantitative research to provide client insights and develop business opportunities
- Serve as Account Team member
- Work with account team and project team to estimate work (budgets) and develop SOWs, timelines, resource requirements, and services
- Provide sales materials, lead pitches, support scoping efforts and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years in multi channel optimization/personalization (decisioning, A/B and multivariate testing)
- 3+ years marketing analytics, e-marketing, web design, or user experience design
- 5 years experience in an analytical or consulting services role, with an emphasis on executing on quantitative and qualitative data – preferred
- Experienced in optimization & personalization software packages such as Adobe, Optimizely, Evergage, Maximiser, etc.
- Experience with web analytics and web analytics tools such as IBM, Webtrends, Adobe, Google Analytics
- Understanding of Martech solutions and development frameworks.
- Solid presentation and communication skills (at all levels), demonstrated ability to create and present complex materials in a consumable manner
- Consulting experience in a multitude of industries
- Solid Client relationship management skills are critical
- Mastery of implementing and managing successful optimization programs
- Expert understanding of strategic marketing process, frameworks, solutions, and platforms
- Strong Business acumen
- Experienced in business development – leading/managing pitch, scope (resource requirements and budget), delivery
- Expert ability in strategy development
- Demonstrated team leadership with focus on collaboration
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.