Account Manager - Media
Gyro, part of Merkle, is the first full-service, global creative B‑to‑B powerhouse. We are 700 minds in 17 offices acting as one.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Gyro, part of Merkle B2B, is the Dentsu Network B2B specialist agency and represents clients internationally – as such B2B and International experience is essential. This is a client facing Account Management role which will see the successful candidate heavily involved in Workday’s brand and demand campaigns with both planning and buying across a range of media channels, with a focus on brand planning of digital, print, TV and OOH in particular. The successful candidate must have a proven background in planning for international clients.
Life as an Account Manager at Gyro
Communications Planning and Buying:
- Be comfortable owning a brief from end to end including client relationship management
- Must be able to review a brief and understand what the clients KPIs are and match the relevant media and tactics to achieve the KPIs
- Have strong Brand and Demand planning background, ideally within B2B, with the ability to analyse data and make planning decisions accordingly
- Ability to negotiate rates with key media partners
- Feel comfortable leading regular client calls and meetings whilst coordinating input from other Dentsu agencies to feed into a single view of the account
- Be able to assist in the build of client presentations for quarterly reviews
- Show an exceptional attention to detail for accurate reporting & planning
- Review client feedback and make recommendations on optimisations
- Work with the Account Director to support forecasting accurate spend and track progress of campaign delivery
- Accurately input bookings on relevant finance systems (Prisma experience advantageous, although training will be given)
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with colleagues both directly within your team, as well as the different agencies under the Dentsu network to demonstrate a unified approach to the client
- Build trusting and collaborative relationships with a series of client stakeholders, delivering excellent service and great work.
- Establish and maintain communications process with your team and client contacts
- Be comfortable liaising with external agencies, such as the creative team and partners, where necessary
- Stay up to date with changes in the media landscape
- Ability to solve pacing/delivery issues where required
A few of the benefits
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan & taste card
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 2 years International and Pan-European media experience across B2B media channels
- Good communications/media planning and buying experience
- Client service experience
- Understanding of key research sources and digital tools (e.g. IPSOS IMS, Comsore, Integral, Google Analytics and Atlas)
- Knowledge of digital and offline media
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- High-level proficiency in Prisma and Media Explorer
- Understanding of AdTech and MarTech, preferably Google Campaign Manager, Convertr and/ or Integrate and IAS or similar solution
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.