Tableau Administrator - Senior Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 12,000+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Tableau Administrator - Senior Manager supports the high-profile clients of our Merkle Analytics Teams by managing and supporting multiple Tableau Servers as part of our Tableau infrastructure through which we provide strategic insights on marketing measurement. This is a highly visible position, as the Senior Manager serves as the point of contact between multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to identify infrastructure requirements and initiatives for a Merkle client(s). As a Senior Manager with Merkle, you will be responsible supporting outstanding data visualization solutions for our industry-leading clients in a variety of business verticals. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Tableau Admin best practices, perform installation, migration and upgrade of Tableau Servers and Desktops under high availability scenario.
- Expertise on Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep to support a multi-tier Tableau infrastructure including upgrade analysis and planning, security administration, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning and general system maintenance
- Support server installations/configuration in Windows and Linux environments
- Perform performance analysis of existing Tableau Servers and make Best Practice recommendations.
- Perform production readiness audit of tableau applications developed by the development team or users
- Experiment with new features and enhancements released by Tableau and bring them into the platform & organization
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to track, monitor and resolve user issues
- Documentation skills and ability to create training material, work with trouble ticket systems, respond to support requests and resolve issues based on set SLA
- Implementing custom administrative views for operational auditing purposes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Support sizing and solutioning of Tableau infrastructure for new client implementations
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with stakeholders through written emails and in meetings
- Train end users of our reporting and dashboard solutions to drive adoption of content
- Overall professional IT experience of 6 years
- Minimum 4 years of experience as Tableau Administrator supporting production environment
- Extensive experience hosting and deploying Tableau Server on cloud platforms such as GCP, Snowflake, AWS, Azure.
- Basic SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, Linux shell and Windows scripting skill
- Experience with connecting to SQL Server, BigQuery, Snowflake and Redshift
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university (Computer Science or Math preferred)
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Qualified individuals possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills with a strong analytical and problem-solving skills
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.