Commercial Finance Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are seeking a Commercial Finance Analyst to join our growing Finance function. The Commercial Finance team acts as the key conduit between finance, operations and the wider business. The role will be focused on supporting multiple practice areas of Merkle and assist with further integration into the CXM Service Line in dentsu international. This role is ideal for someone looking to develop their commercial acumen and analytical skills, reporting into a Commercial Finance Senior Manager, and dotted line to Head of the Dept.
The team drives Merkle’s financial monthly and quarterly forecast process, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This role will support in many areas of business partnering including profitability and pricing models. The team also provides business support to the wider Operations and Finance teams, ensuring transparency and clarity in all reporting. This function acts as the analytical engine of the finance organisation to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
The suitable candidate will have some experience within a finance team / knowledge of the industry, seeking a fast-paced environment
Life as a Commercial Finance Analyst:
- Analyse past, current and forecast performance at a department and client level across multiple areas of the business.
- Reporting into FP&A Senior Manager, assist with financial business partnering – revenue control and recognition, cost control, margin management.
- Maintain and update databases – cost rate model, pricing tools, profitability models, Navision. Seek automation as possible and find efficiencies in the process.
- Profitability model improvement and alignment with dentsu initiatives
- Attend weekly revenue forecast meetings with the client team and management team, driving accuracy in SalesForce reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure intercompany agreements process runs smoothly at all times
- Review revenue and other month end reporting and ensure flow of information is clear and accurate.
- Go between for Salesforce / business leads / finance to ensuring schedules updated and data accuracy across the board
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- Part way through Financial qualifications (Merkle would support learning)
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 1/2+ year’s experience within a Finance team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Driven individual, willingness to navigate a complex business.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and jump right in to work with team members in a highly dynamic environment.
- Experience of marketing agencies desired but is not essential.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.