Analytics Delivery Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
(This role could be based in multiple locations - London / Edinburgh / Manchester / Leeds. Hybrid working 2-3 days/week in the office)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry-leading, growing analytics team that works with some of the biggest global brands – helping them solve their data challenges. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our Solutions delivery practice in the role of a Analytics Delivery Manger
This role is critical to the business as it will enable success both on a client side as well as internally - you will lead multi-disciplined analytics and engineering teams to ensure successful delivery of analytical projects. A crucial part of the role will be to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, but the ADM role is more than a standard project manager. Analytics engagements are complex, so ADM needs to be able to anticipate and identify opportunities to improve analytics and engineering delivery to bring data into the heart of businesses. Working with both the technical delivery teams and client teams you are the translator of challengers into data problem statements to be solved.
An ideal candidate for this role will have a background in delivering analytics projects and have good grounding in and experience managing project teams to ensure clients expectations are met and the work is delivered to a high standard. Managing client stakeholders and ensuring project governance through structured project management techniques is vital to the role (including meeting cadence, highlighting and resolving blockers, and managing profitability).
The types of projects you will lead will be very varied – from traditional analytics delivery (such as development and deployment of propensity models, segmentations and lifetime customer value), to BI implementations (KPI frameworks through to replatforming engagements), and you will also be required on more complex engagements such as cloud enablement projects and ML ops implementations. As you will have broad and generalist knowledge of how analytics works in organisations you will also undertake analytical maturity reviews with the data strategy teams to inform clients on how to use their analytical assets better.
You will be required to lead teams of analysts and engineers from all data backgrounds, building good working relationships to ensure that the team can gain trust and loyalty from the client.
Life as an Analytics Delivery Manager at Merkle
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with clients from a wide range of sectors – from retail, to financial services, to automotive - predominantly involved with data and analytical projects that support marketing, however can also be projects that support operations (HR, logistics, planning). We don’t like to keep our team in sector silos, which means your role will be varied – which doesn’t come without challenge, so a requirement to learn and adapt fast is essential.
- You will work with award winning teams of statistical analysts, BI specialists, data scientists, digital analysts, and data engineers across multiple UK sites. This provides a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the best and gain knowledge of the latest tools and techniques.
- You will typically work on one or multiple clients across different industries and your level of hands on work will be dependent on projects complexity and pace. This provides variety in your work, working with different team members, and the benefit of keeping up to date with industry innovative solutions.
- Your projects may vary from weeks to months and can vary in range of complexity. You will be forging a relationship with stakeholders while helping the team deliver a solution that meets the client’s expectations. You may have to be hands on when the team is stretched, but ultimately you will be responsible for delivering on time and on budget.
Generally, when working on a project, you will be responsible for the following: -
- Initial engagement with the client including kick off meetings, setting up infrastructure internally and within client as necessary, and create the project plan / roadmap
- Lead a multi-discipline team to develop and implement solutions by providing clear and precise briefing of activities, ensuring interpreting of results, and driving a compelling story to presenting back to key stakeholders.
- Anticipating project risk and constraints and proactively working towards resolving them
- Ensuring the quality of analysis is in line with QA and governance guidelines.
- Navigate complex stakeholder tiers to prioritise work and understand the level of detail needing in presentations
- Ensure project at all stages is delivering on time and on budget
- Create final review for the project, including projects wash ups to ensure best practice is kept fresh
- Work with client to identify and supporting any new proposals for future work.
Generally, when working within Merkle you will strive to develop: -
- A forward-looking vision, leading and inspiring at all levels of the organisation
- A highly engaged team of talent by proactively appointing, retaining, and developing top level talent that inspires the trust and confidence of our clients
- Proactively contributing to improve and drive more efficient ways of working
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A good grounding in one or more of customer, digital, or media analytics with 2-3 years leadership or consultancy experience
- Understanding of the full analytics project lifecycle from requirements gathering, analytical environment set up, analytics and data engineering project management, and handover and wrap up.
- Governance understanding related to sector
- Deliverables alignment and quality control
- Timelines, risk assessment, blocker identification and escalations
- Profitability, manage scope creep, and resource allocation
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Able to set a forward-looking vision, in order to lead and inspire at all levels
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, working cross-functionally throughout the organisation
- Managing priorities across a complex stakeholder matrix
- Professionally qualified / relevant numerate degree (such as Maths, Data Science, Engineering, Business, Psychology)
- Managing highly engaged teams of top talent, including hiring, retaining, developing and engaging employees, across all levels of the organisation
- Experience of managing the financial aspects of the business
- Client portfolio experience including the client strategy, tactics, forecasts, budget, projections, and performance metrics
- Identify new opportunities with the business and pitch involvement
- Mentoring and/or Coaching for a variety of roles across an organisation
- Understanding of agile working methods a bonus
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.