Manager, Audience Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Advanced Analytics Manager will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop technical solutions for business issues. The Manager is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of data, analytics and strategic consulting to support the client’s database marketing initiatives.
Perform advanced analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Develops, writes, and presents strategic recommendations and projects that directly address clients' toughest questions
- Participates in brainstorming sessions that identify new marketing opportunities for clients
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains analytical software programs to support analytical reports and tools
- Assists in developing internal systems that consistently provide all clients with standard reporting and analysis
- Extracts and processes large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments
- Applies data mining and analyzes marketing and demographic data. Tracks and evaluates customer acquisition efforts, market trends and customer behavior
- Manages project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with SQL and SAS, R or Python
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Possess core database marketing knowledge such as relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems.
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S.) preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital marketing
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high-quality analytical solutions on time
- Develop project plan (work plan); manage individual day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.