Senior Digital Media Director (Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. DWA/Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Senior Digital Media Director role requires experience managing high volume eRetail campaigns. In this role, you will be the go-to Retail Media Network expert, leading strategic management of eRetail campaigns. You will act as the central hub of collaboration across several departments/resources including senior level colleagues at Merkle and senior level business leaders at your Retail Media Network client, while meeting client objectives. You will translate media-led strategies in to actionable business insights for your Retail Media Network client – this will encompass monetization and go to market strategy, roadmap initiatives, organizational ways of working design, and B2B2C strategy. You will contribute to Merkle product and business strategy. This is a position ideally for someone with experience in the Retail Media Network, eRetail, and/or consumer packaged goods segment. You will lead a team of direct reports and report into a Media VP.
Location is flexible - opportunity to work remotely.
- Contribute to the development and execution of market strategies for eRetail channels, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; and analyzing results and developing insights.
- Translate objectives from client and account leadership into strategy and tactics for eRetail channels.
- Demonstrate eRetail thought leadership by developing and delivering client-facing materials, such as presentations, Point of Views, business cases, execution process documents, playbooks, optimization best practices and performance reports.
- Work with Retail Media Network client teams to identify and understand their needs, campaign performance, and opportunities to grow the relationship.
- Provide management and coaching of Managers and Analysts supporting your account; managing task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth in their core functional areas or responsibilities. Oversee performance evaluations and feedback.
- Monitor and share industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team insights
- Support growth / sales efforts
- Consult with individual client teams to ensure best practices are being used and to brainstorm new approaches to achieving client goals
- Mastery of all Campaign Management and Planning & Optimization functional responsibilities
- Deliver against functional responsibilities in a strategic and self-guided manner, on high volume of accounts, larger scale client/Media programs
- Deliver consultative messaging (both written and verbal) to senior leaders in an articulate and strategic manner
- 10+ years experience within digital media agency function and/or digital media vendor/ad technology platform with a focus on eRetail, Retail Media Networks, or CPG
- Past proficiency within Paid Social Platforms (Facebook/Instagram Power Editor, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn Ads)
- Past proficiency within DSPs to run Video & Display (Google's DV360, MediaMath, Amazon DSP, Verizon/Oath, TTD)
- In-platform execution / working knowledge in Walmart Media Group, Target's Roundel, Criteo, InstaCart, etc.
- Experience with all facets of eRetail channels: retail, content, media, and platform nuances
- Proficient user of digital ads trafficking tools (DCM)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel (can perform complex functions) and PowerPoint
- Digital media strategy and plan development
- Experience against several media buying strategies; self-service, managed buyer, partner negotiations
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to success through partnerships, where individual success is part of team and client success.
- Ability to draw conclusions and devise strategic recommendations based on data analysis and findings
- A desire to "change the game" and think outside of the box with enthusiasm for the future of eRetail/Retail Media Networks and building that future with us
- Ability to think strategically and translate to tactical and actionable deliverables for your team
- Client management, consultative selling skills, and the ability to interact at all levels of management, including the executive level, to advocate and influence direction
- Experience managing, developing and hiring talent
- Bachelor's/advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Resource and people management
- Cross discipline coordination and management
- Policy and best practices contributor
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.