B2B Analytics Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
LOCATION - ANY Merkle location or may consider remote.
The Director will be responsible for using their B2B business and industry knowledge to serve as a trusted advisor to the client. They will lead engagements focused on providing strategic insights and recommendations and will need to be comfortable working in an environment with limited and/or ambiguous guidelines. The Director will be responsible for translating these insights and recommendations into stories which are prepared for and delivered in executive level presentations.
To succeed in this role, the Director is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication and presentation skills, outstanding analytic skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Develop, write, and present strategic recommendations that directly address client’s toughest questions
- Leverage insights and recommendations to craft stories in deliverables
- Lead analytics consulting engagements with broad guideines
- Present to executive level clients
- Demonstrate thought leadership and be a trusted adviser for clients
- Turn complex data into practical and actionable marketing insights
- Oversee the execution of a wide variety of analytics projects including but not limited to marketing analytics capability audit, full funnel measurement, KPI framework, advanced attribution modeling, testing design and framework, customer profiling and segmentation, personalization strategy, ABM, BI-reporting and data strategy
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify new audience and marketing opportunities for the client
- Manage projects tasks, timelines, and deliverables
- Stay informed of advancements in industry trends and developing technology; proactively apply entrepreneurial spirit in identifying opportunities to introduce, enhance and improve analytical tools and processes
- Mentor junior resources and contribute to their career development
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field required; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena
- Experience leading B2B analytics consulting engagements required
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required (SAS, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools (Tableau, Adobe Audience Manager, Google analytics, etc.) preferred
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with cloud platforms preferred
- Must have experience with statistical concepts and applying statistical techniques such as regression, cluster analysis, and experimental design to solve business problems
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns on un-structured business problems
- Experience in retail industry required
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills required
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.