Technical Support Analyst
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. At Merkle, we have a clear vision: to attract the best people and be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Merkle is a proud equal opportunities employer and we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are heard and feel a sense of belonging.
Infomation Technology Analyst candidates will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, work independently, assess incidents/requests, and apply the correct level of urgency to achieve a mutually accepted solution, all while providing exemplary customer service in support of Merkle’s technology vision. The Tech Analyst will be assisting with day-to-day IT tasks and providing support to the team where necessary.
- Assist with incident and request tasks locally in the office and remote users.
- Assist with maintaining and troubleshooting laptops, monitors and docking stations.
- Assist with laptop imaging for new and existing users.
- Working with different operating system (Windows, Linux and Mac OSx)
- Provision and Reclaim software from end-user hardware.
- Escalate issues as defined in documented escalation procedures.
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a recent graduate (Bachelor or Master)
- Logical thinker
- Good attention to detail
- You’ve got intellectual curiosity and ambition
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
What we would like you to bring:
- This position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Possess the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret helpdesk tickets and emails.
- Relate in a positive professional manner with end users and coworkers.
- Interact well with different personalities.
- Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize several projects and tasks at one time.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine when to escalate issues based on SLA or severity level.
- Demonstrate PC proficiency using common software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of enterprise data center concepts such as workstations, networking, server administration, and the Internet.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills techniques and responsibilities.
- Must be reliable related to schedule and recurring tasks.
Salary and benefits:
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft).
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.