Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
As an Agile Product Manager you’ll be responsible for the Product Lifecycle and the agile process. You'll be delivering and successfully launching new solutions that solve complex problems. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders and teams to aid in the design and development of our cloud-based data lake. Our ideal Product Manager has experience working with data and understanding data consumption needs. Keys to success for this role are strong attention to detail, great interpersonal and relationship building skills, and commitment to people over process while ensuring the process runs effectively and efficiently.
- Be part of a product team defining new, innovative people-based digital media applications
- Provide product management leadership for corporate stakeholders, product owners, customers, end-users, and development teams
- With the product owner, define and manage the product and its directional roadmap
- Conduct, manage, and mentor others on agile methodologies
- Understand the ‘why’ behind feature requests; aggregate and articulate those as guiding strategic product opportunities
- Elicit and gather product requirements using interviews, workshops, surveys, scenarios, task and workflow analysis
- Translate requirements into agile epics and user stories, with measureable and testable acceptance criteria
- Run and manage the agile process, including daily standups, planning meetings, sprints, demos, and retrospectives
- With the Product Owner, determine quarterly goals, prioritize the backlog, and manage the iterative directional roadmap based on business value and needs
- Work together with the engineering lead to build sprint plans that meet business goals
- Regularly communicate progress to the senior management and our stakeholders via online meetings and PPTs
- 3+ years of agile experience, specifically running agile projects and teams
- 3+ years as a Product Manager working directly with stakeholders: customers, end-users, clients, executives, product owners, etc.
- 2+ years of digital media experience and domain knowledge
- 2+ years of working in/with software development teams
- Familiarity with data visualization, especially for “big data”
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially describing complex concepts with simple, plain-language examples
- Excellent attention to detail
- A sense of humor
- A self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude
You Might Also Have:
- Understanding AWS and cloud-based architectures and systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.