REMOTE Analytics Data Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
This role will enable customer experiences and journeys across digital channels and that leverages his/her expertise in data management. This role is responsible for the creation of best practice data design/model in support of Client requirements. S/he will also be accountable for setting up integrations within platform on-time, within budget and in compliance with Client standards and practices. A successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership and offer platform-specific best practices. S/he works effectively in a highly matrixed environment from project inception to completion.
- Works on all aspects of design, development, validation, scaling and delivery of analytical solutions as part of a larger platform (e.g. Adobe Experience Platform or Google Marketing Platform)
- Actively participates and engages Clients in solutioning around data collection, management, and processing. This candidate will be expected to present options/considerations with respect to optimal methods for collecting analytical data to be leveraged across analytics, identity resolution, consumer journey and experience
- Design and build to Client’s business, technical and measurement requirements
- Conducts feasibility assessments based on available data in support of Client needs
- Evaluates existing data sets, data availability and designs solutions that scale
- Architects and develops ongoing solutions to ingest consumer data in real time using streaming technologies
- Creates and secures Client approval on the technical solution that encompasses data ingestion, expected transformations, throughputs, and integrations with end point platforms. Considers points of failure and options to mitigate risks.
- Within design and build, considers Client existing data models to enrich measurement and customer journeys. May build custom solutions to ingest data into platform such as Adobe or Google
- Designs, builds data layers and keeps supporting specifications frequently updated and current
- May set up integrations as required, including (not limited to) martech, ad tech and optimization platforms as: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Target, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CRM Solutions, Adobe Campaign
- Configures, administers data integrations within platform
- Deploys final solution to production and provides ongoing support of solution
- Mentors resources for effective knowledge transfer post-deployment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues related to data consumption and delivery
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit and privacy requirements
- Stay on top of emerging data engineering trends and software for customer-centric digital experience personalization
- Continued efforts to mature your competencies and skill sets related to experience personalization at scale
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Bachler’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable Web Development experience
- 2+ years in data management with focus on analytics / measurement solutions
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Analytics Developer or Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- Understanding of security best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative as well as lead, motivate, and oversee teams to produce results.
- Effectively works in a highly matrixed environment across Strategy, Business, Marketing, Analytics, Technology, Finance, Customer Success
- Solid understanding of:
- Data design and architecture
- XDM & Mix-Ins
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.