Hospitality & Events Trainee
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
At MKTG, we offer a unique and rewarding program for anyone seeking entry into the lifestyle marketing industry. The Trainee Program is a full time, fully immersive employment opportunity that has proven to be an ideal way for individuals to gain practical industry experience. A full-time permanent position at the end of the program is based on performance and position availability and is not guaranteed.
The MKTG Charlotte Hospitality & Events team provides corporate event and hospitality management services to clients across various industries with an emphasis on client hosting programs, typically surrounding sporting and/or entertainment events, as well as business meetings. As a Hospitality & Events Trainee, you will be responsible for assisting with the development of many of the components involved in producing in-person and/or virtual events for corporate clients.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Researching, analyzing, and summarizing data for client presentations and proposals
- Participating in brainstorms; demonstrating a willingness to propose innovative ideas/concepts for client programs
- Conducting venue research/compose recommendations
- Supporting hotel and transportation logistics management
- Proposing food and beverage menus, taking into consideration clientele and the guest experience
- Recommending event gifts, including product sourcing and fulfilment
- Maintaining attendee lists and other key documents, specifically status reports and meeting notes
- Organizing, distributing and managing client ticket allocations (physical or digital)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Managing shipping and receiving logistics
- Reconciling event budgets
- Providing general office support as needed
- Some travel (including weekends) is required and varies based on account needs
- College degree (Bachelor's or Associate's) highly preferred, relevant experience will also be considered
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on details to exceed client expectations and prioritize and complete tasks according to project timelines
- Contribute ideas and solutions that lead to the success of the MKTG team and client accounts
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.