Senior Software Engineer Magnolia CMS - Java
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation company, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
In this role, you can choose to work in our offices in Switzerland (St. Gallen or Zurich) or in Germany (Frankfurt).
The focus of your activities will be the development of great user experiences and the implementation of multisite projects based on Magnolia CMS. We work closely together with our customers and develop tailor-made solutions through supporting in the design phase and then implementing them.
In addition to the development of web applications and working with databases, some interaction with our customers are included in your areas of responsibility. Your range of tasks covers the entire software development process – from analysis through execution. Your customers are large B2B & B2C companies or organizations with strong web affinity.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Implementation of the customer experience based on Magnolia CMS
- You use and implement features such as multi-site and multi-language delivery, personalisation, content aggregation & synchronisation and workflow management
- You support the setup of the Magnolia development environment and are the contact person for other experienced developers in this area
- You develop templates, components, dialogues and other extensions for the Magnolia CMS
- You identify and solve technical problems in connection with the implementation of web content management solutions
- Support of the sales organisation through effort estimates as well as implementation of proof-of concepts
- Completed (technical) university studies in computer science/mathematics or a similar qualification
- Project experience with, ideally, the Magnolia CMS, or other CMS
- Very good knowledge in Java as well as experience with standard software frameworks (Spring)
- Expertise in software architecture and technical design
- Good handling of development environments and tools, e.g. Eclipse or IntelliJ, JUnit, git, Sonar, CI-Server, etc.
- You have experience in the technical leadership of team members - ideally also in nearshoring setups
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to learn
- Tolerant, open and ability to discuss problems
- Fun working in an interdisciplinary team
- Very good German and English skills
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Your Contact Person
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Tel. +41 44 365 25 87