Senior Associate - Paid Search
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Paid Search to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible with the Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and Apple Search Ads and other search platforms! Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, and we work very closely with the major search engines to remain at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are geeks (and proud) who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
This role is best suited to someone with 1.5+ years of hands-on Paid Search experience, who can help to develop and drive the tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients' Paid Search goals. The role is diverse and requires the ability to multi-task, effectively communicate, and continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space. This requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. You will also contribute to the growth of the search department through development of best practice, supporting in new business, and joining cross-department initiatives.
Life as a Paid Search Senior Associate at Merkle
- Independently and proactively drive Paid Search strategy to achieve client objectives
- Lead small account teams or sub-teams, assuming accountability and ownership with limited supervision
- Develop strategic roadmaps and testing plans, as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights
- Bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
- Present information in spoken, written and visual form to a variety of audiences of different knowledge levels, from internal teams to external client executives and search engine partners
- Logically translate and present analytical insights to non-analytical stakeholders
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private medical Insurance
- Flexible working options
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 1.5+ years of experience in Paid Search at account executive or account manager level.
- Familiarity with Google Ads (all campaign types)
- Whilst not essential, experience using SA360, Amazon, international search engines (e.g. Baidu, Yandex, Naver) or other search management platforms is preferred.
- Preferable to have ecommerce experience (feed management, Google Shopping experience)
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.