Senior Account Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The Senior Account Manager is a key team member across selected key DWA B2B clients, operating as the day-to-day key person in delivering client work. Leading client relationships autonomously you will be responsible for implementational planning and buying across your designated clients. This will include but is not limited to; strategic planning, pre-and post-campaign reporting, and financial administration.
The SAM will have the responsibility of managing the AM’s and AE’s, whilst managing up to their Account Director. You will be expected to have a very strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable, and traditional media) and available media research. As well as be able to train others on syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter-department).
Life as a Senior Account Manager
· A leadership role; demonstrating account ownership and identifying growth opportunities.
· Training and mentoring other members of the team including those at account manager and exec level. Being accountable for their growth and development.
· Oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations.
· Pre- and post-campaign reporting.
· Conducting competitor analysis as and when required.
· Manage key client relationships including those with media owners and marketing teams based client-side.
· Lead vendor relationships, directing negotiations and building bridges with senior vendors.
· Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client or internal communication
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Dentsu University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including the ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· It is anticipated the successful candidate will have circa 3-5 years media experience, with comprehensive digital planning knowledge
· Strong account management with the ability to lead client conversations.
· Preferably management experience.
· Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
· Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
· Ability to properly delegate tasks to staff to ensure appropriate utilization
· Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability
· Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools)
· Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients
· Ability to maintain client and publisher relationships
· Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.