Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We’re looking for a UX Strategist to work on world-class digital campaigns for the Promotion and Loyalty Solutions team at Merkle. As a UX Strategist, you will work side-by-side with Creative, Strategy, Sales, and Development teams to ensure that both the business goals and the user goals are continuously aligned throughout the entire experience. Promotion and loyalty experiences often feel lighthearted and fun, but when done right, they drive behavior and support very serious business goals. The ideal candidate will have experience transforming business objectives into end user experiences, user journey planning, usability heuristics, usability testing, gamification concepts, and be excited to roll up their sleeves and put theory into practice. This is a great opportunity to get in early on a growing team. This role reports directly to the Director of UX.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Strategy, and our Client Relationship Group to help shape business goals and objectives of the experience
- Collaborate with Creative and UX teams to balance needs of business with needs of the user throughout the experience
- Perform Heuristics reviews and in-depth analyses of existing and in beta experiences
- Use data collected from research, testing, analytics, and market analysis to inform deliverables experience strategy
- Visualize concepts through documentation such as sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Present your work to internal stakeholders and clients for review and feedback
- Work with technology teams and partners to develop new and immerging experiences
- Work within a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at various stages of completeness
What You Bring
- 5-7 years of professional UX design experience.
- Proficiency with Axure and Sketch
- A portfolio demonstrating simple and intuitive user-centered design
- Excellent communication and client presentation/relationship building skills
- Experience with mobile and/or web-based design
- Strong understanding of usability heuristics and design
- Collaborative work style and you value close-knit teams
- Experience (or desire to learn) usability testing tools and protocols
- Experience (or desire to learn) gamification concepts and mechanics
- Experience (or desire to learn) promotion and loyalty design
FLSA Status: Exempt
Merkle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.