Senior Manager, Data Science
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Merkle’s combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN).
The role will revolve around the application of advanced analytic and machine learning techniques to drive and enhance the client’s marketing performance across their multi-brand portfolio. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of data, analytics and strategic consulting to support the client’s marketing initiatives. They will become the client’s trusted advisor, supporting multiple brands within a product division with hands-on analysis and presentations. The Sr. Manager will integrate project work and findings with the Dentsu Aegis Network analytics leads on the account as well as coordinate directly with strategy, product, media planning, and reporting teams. They will participate in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients and in developing methods or processes for implementation and owning quality assurance on all deliverables.
To succeed in this role, the Sr. Manager is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication and presentation skills, outstanding analytic skills, ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously, and the ability to resolve complex issues. This position is based in NYC or Columbia, MD
- Execute a wide variety of analytics projects including predictive modeling, customer profiling, journey analysis, campaign test design and analysis, dashboard reporting, market basket analysis, product recommendations, and customer segmentation
- Extract and process large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing levers and outcomes
- Data mining and analysis, including the ability to independently QA database information and help drive database enhancements via communication and requirements documentation for technology teams
- Develop test designs to support one-time and longitudinal test plans
- Develop, write, and present strategic recommendations that directly address client’s toughest questions
- Turn complex data into practical and actionable marketing insights
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify new marketing opportunities for the client
- Lead the development of analyses that provide insights into actionable recommendations and strategies for omni-channel marketers with emphasis on digital media optimization in conjunction with performance media team
- Manage projects tasks, timelines, and deliverable
- Mentor junior analysts and contribute to their career development
- Develop strong partnership across various Dentsu and media partners
- Develop innovative analytical solutions and enable automation to improve capabilities and efficiency
- Experience working in cloud data platforms such Qubole, AWS, Google Big Query
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required (R, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala);
- Understanding of relational databases and transactional data required
- Hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools (Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, Micro strategy, Adobe analytics, Google analytics, DMP insight tools) preferred
- Must have experience with statistical concepts and applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, and experimental design
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with media analytics a plus
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field required; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.