Senior IT Project Manager (100% remote) - Start ASAP
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
In this role you will work for one of our Global clients (100% remotely) in a long-term software development project, where we work with the latest technology. You can work as our employee in Czechia (offices in Prague or home office), or as a freelancer/contingent worker/from your own company.
You will be prioritized for this position if you can start within 1 month
This role is designed to be performed by experienced (5+ yrs) project managers being responsible for all areas of project management for our key business clients. The senior project manager manages the delivery of the project or program from the very beginning (team setup, budget and contract validation, initiation of project kick-off with team and client) throughout the whole lifecycle of the project until the completion and formal closure of the project. He/she is also responsible for internal and external reporting of project status and progress (workload progress, finance status, etc.), for implementing and executing processes for managing risks, issues and changes during project and also for completing the project in the defined budget and profitability level. Additionally, she/he provides consulting services to our customers.
- Responsible for handling of customer projects with regards to scheduling, financial and content aspects
- Have the full control of project planning, risk and scope management, project team leadership
- Acknowledge and validate contractual details of project
- Execute daily project management activities
- Provide regular internal and external reporting of project status to different levels of stakeholders
- Obtain client acceptance for partial and complete delivery
- Deliver and lead medium to large sized projects or subprojects in a large program
- Deliver the project within the contracted time, quality and budget and to the company defined profitability level
- Manage local and remote team members and external suppliers
- Coordinate client and 3rd party team members towards the project success
- Comply with company’s project management standards and processes
- Identify and unlock further business opportunities
- Consulting services
- Create concepts and specifications
- Ensure smooth communication with clients
- Support the acquisition process, and create offers
- Build and develop Merkle project management skills
- Coaching/Mentoring for other Merkle project leads
- Excellent communication skills
- SDLC experience
- Sales and business mindset
- Relevant graduation with a university degree or other higher educational background
- Team spirit – able to work in a regional and international team
- Role model in her/his acting and performance
- Relationship management – create relationships on all levels
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management competency
- Soft skills: presentation skills, communicative, professional, positive attitude, pro-active and independent worker, with a can-do attitude
- Fluent English, written and spoken, any other language is a plus
- Experienced with full lifecycle of project management discipline, know-how of modern project methodologies (e.g. kanban, agile, etc.)
- Management of software development and digital delivery projects (e.g. ecommerce, CRM, ERP, CMS, etc.)
- As an advantage: Certified in Project Management (Prince 2 practitioner, PMP, Agile PM Practitioner or other equal, Scrum Master, IPMA, etc.)
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Recruitment agencies - we only work with selected partners.
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Mobile: +41 44 365 25 73