Senior Creative Project Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Creative Project Manager to join our growing Creative division. As Senior Creative Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of client work coming in and out of the department. You will take full responsibility for the day to day running of projects, interrogating briefs and communicating them to the team, managing the scope of work, budget and schedule as well as ensuring the outputs delivered are of the highest standard. To do this, you will work collaboratively with the creative team, cross Merkle teams, other agencies, suppliers and clients.
Our team deliver integrated digital campaigns spanning paid media and CRM so a love of digital is a must. At any one time we’re normally working on a variety of projects including but not limited to; technical DCO builds, producing a number of variants for a Paid Social campaign, creating content or coming up with digital first concepts.
As a proven project manager, you will be adept at managing client expectations and will understand the demands of agency life – having experience of it first-hand. Extremely diligent, you will be the sort of person who gets a kick out of being organised with a natural love of process and always on the lookout to improve systems or ways of working. You will be skilled at problem solving and calm under pressure. Crucially, you will bring energy, positivity, and enthusiasm to the team.
Life as a Senior Creative Project Manager at Merkle
- Client facing role taking ownership of creative projects from brief to delivery, ongoing client management and creative optimisation roadmap
- Scope out new requests, formulate estimates, schedules and interrogate project briefs
- Responsible for the management of creative projects delivering them to agreed timelines and budgets
- Briefing creatives effectively and communicating client amendments
- Track and ensure the development of project-based documentation such as SOWs, cost estimates, timing plans, and production schedules
- Manage internal and external stakeholders acting as the comms lead on projects
- Work closely with media/CRM teams on integrated projects
- Support junior members of the team and act as an escalation point on accounts
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure all work produced by the team is of the highest standard
- Support with capacity planning and resource management across the team
- Motivate and lead the team to deliver industry leading digital creatives
- Work alongside the Creative Delivery Lead to oversee the flow of all projects into the team, improve internal processes and manage capacity
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 5 years + experience creative project managing (ideally within an agency environment)
- Experience with briefing creatives and managing their deadlines
- Experience managing integrated creative digital projects
- Experience with DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimisation)
- Confident communicator and creative problem-solver
- Team management - a real team player who loves working collaboratively and has an instinct for liaising with creatives
- Time management – High levels of organisation with brilliant multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects at once
- Keen eye for detail
- Client relations – keen to liaise with clients and key stakeholders
- Confident in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working with different project management tools is a plus
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss a flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.