Senior Business Intelligence Consultant (PowerBI)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger between Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Our business includes to a large extent the integration and adaptation of standard software along the tasks in our customer projects. In order to meet different requirements, we rely on long-term partnerships with leading technology providers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Intelligence Consultant focused on PowerBI to join our team of Data Heroes. You will help our clients to get new insights from data, analyse and visualise their business to enable smarter decisions and better products & services delivery. Your primary focus will be in understanding business goals/KPIs, data ingestion, analysis and visualisation in cloud-based reporting tools.
You will cooperate with other data roles (architects, scientists and engineers) in the team on large international projects for the biggest world brands. You should be a versatile self-starter eager to support data-driven businesses, and also a great team player able to work within our international team with a positive, startup-minded attitude.
What you will do
- Participation in initial workshops with client’s stakeholders to validate goals, expected inputs & deliverables
- Doing initial requirements gathering, logical models, functional & technical designs
- Performing data analysis of business reqs., understanding source data and map them to the target/common data model
- Defining and implementing reports to visualise insights/KPIs on dashboards, using BI tools like PowerBI or Tableau…
- Working with data engineers to productionize data pipelines and automate reports generation & distribution
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in similar BI functional role (5+ years) preferably in telco, financial or digital marketing services industry
- Past experience in using BI tools like Tableau, Qlick Sense, Keboola…ideally PowerBI
- Solid proficiency in data warehousing concepts (ETL, Stage/Core layer, Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts etc.) and SQL programming
- Experience with SQL databases, such as Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Strong analytical and communication skills, data-oriented personality
- Hands-on experience in MS Azure, AWS or other cloud-based environments is a big plus
- Business expertise in areas of Digital Marketing (AdTech), Marketing Automation, CRM or e-commerce is a significant advantage
- Understanding of data workflow management and ETL tools like Informatica, Pentaho, Azure Data Factory, Airflow, NiFi, StreamSets, Glue, etc.
- Understanding of big data processing using technologies like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, HBase,
Why you should work with us?!
- We are cooperating with an all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from to our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded branch of a company with a very strong and stable background of the Swiss/German headquarters.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients
With us, you will become part of:
- An international team, where you can gain new/relevant experience.
- A dynamic environment where you will never happen to fall into a routine work.
- Career path growth astounding – client grows, our team grow, you grow!
- Start-up agile atmosphere.
- Friendly international team of creative minds
And we offer even more!
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.