Senior Analyst Advanced Analytics-Attribution and Measurement
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com
The Sr Analyst, Advanced Analytics will be an integral part of our US-based modeling capabilities, conducting advanced analytical analyses of marketing activities and estimating their impact on sales. These projects will include, but are not limited to, Media Mix Optimization, Analysis of Covariance (test & control), Cluster Analysis, and Attribution Modeling of disaggregate event-stream data. This role will be a thought-leader in analytics practices, possessing a broad knowledge of techniques and tactics plus the ability to learn new ones and judge them critically for potential use in client deliverables.
This person will coordinate with some of our most important clients on data acquisition, deconflicting and presentation of results, as well as collaboration with multiple levels of the Merkle organization on high-visibility projects.
Coordinate data specifications for modeling projects with clients and internal teams
Conduct ETL operations and / or coordinate with clients, agencies and internal teams on ETL
Establish through testing and experimentation the right statistical approach for a given client situation
Provide thoroughly documented work products to enable smooth operations in production environments, including cloud environments.
Develop reports and processes to manage data quality control
Interpret and visualize model estimates and diagnostics
Support client teams to deliver insights on model results
Drive process innovation and continuous improvement
- Minimum of 2 years as an Analyst or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Applied Economics, Applied Mathematics or similar quantitative field
- Experience with media data and marketing measurement a strong plus
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and/or technical skills
- Deep knowledge of regression especially hierarchical or mixed regression, and time series analysis; some knowledge of Bayesian modeling a plus
- Advanced programming and modeling skills with R and Python.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Practical experience with processing large-scale data; knowledge of SQL required
- Data visualization experience using R, Python,Tableau, or other software
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform or AWS)
- Maintain positive client relationships with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and handle escalated client calls/emails with limited oversight
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present information in spoken, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from internal teams to external client executives
- Ability to multi-task and train others and handle “interruptions”
- Collaborate with teammates, including overseas teams, to share learnings and techniques
- Ability to bring new solutions – analytical, technical and client-management to the team
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.