Systems Administrator, Infrastructure Managed Services
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Systems Administrator, Managed Hosting role within Merkle is responsible for providing Tier 2 support for infrastructure within the Merkle Managed Hosting environment. The Systems Administrator must be able to provide escalation support for incidents and service requests and addressing them with an appropriate sense of urgency. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating, and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Manager, IMS Operations. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement, configure and maintain Windows and Linux Operating Server Systems
- Implement, configure, and maintain various Cloud-based and Data Center services
- Configure and maintain, Active Directory Domain Services and supporting Active Directory roles
- Deploy and maintain Cloud-based IaaS Virtual Machines and Application and Networking Services to support growth into the cloud.
- Configure and maintain, File transfers, Scheduling, and ETL Tools
- Troubleshooting and technical support of enterprise-class systems, concerning ITIL/ITSM processes/practices while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned Information Technology platforms
- Plan, coordinate, and execute change management activities
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices
- Ensure that controls designed to ensure security and availability of the Merkle information technology environment are adhered to
- Identify areas in need of improvement and develop a solution that addresses those needs
- Provide a high level of customer service to all levels of the organization
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Provide input to automation efforts
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organization
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
Measures of Success:
- Consistently drive technical incidents/service requests to resolution within SLA/OLA timeframe, escalating where appropriate.
- Contribution to the development and implementation of existing and new IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on time and on budget.
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys completed periodically.
- Rapid personal and career growth.
- General knowledge of Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems
- General knowledge of Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, GPO, Sites and Services, Certificates, Groups, OU’s, etc)
- General knowledge of File transfers protocols
- General knowledge of scheduling tools and ETL tools
- Some knowledge of Clustering technologies (Windows Failover Cluster, Network Load balancer, elastic load balancers, etc)
- Supporting Server builds
- General understanding of core Cloud Computing services - Networking, Databases, Software, and Servers.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code, automated cloud deployment, CLI, and supporting technologies
- Familiarity with understanding configuration management solutions (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management
- Familiarity with Scripting languages, such as Python, Powershell, etc desired
Education and Experience:
- Requires 2+ years of experience supporting and implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
- Cloud Certification from (GCP, AWS, or Azure) desired
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Devops experience is highly desired
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities and train other team members.
- Proactive, upbeat, and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.