Marketing Feeds Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about digital marketing feeds to lead our growing Feed Management proposition as we continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible with feeds!
Merkle UK’s Feed Management proposition has grown exponentially from small beginnings five years ago, and we now work with a roster of global brands, managing marketing feeds for Google Shopping, Facebook Ads and TikTok Ads among other channels. With no sign of slowing down, we’re looking for someone to take leadership of this growing proposition and develop the team we’re building around it.
Our Feeds team sits within our Media Solutions department – a broader technical team which also includes teams of technical marketing consultants, software engineers and product managers. Together, our goal is to drive forward the technical elements of running digital marketing campaigns, working closely with media account management teams across Merkle. Our feeds proposition is unique because we offer clients an integrated approach – our feed managers are integrated into our clients’ wider digital account team, and so feed management and optimisation go hand in hand with campaign management. We have a proven track record of innovation – we were the first agency globally to use feeds to run hyper-granular property ads on Google Search back in 2015, and have won several industry awards since for feeds work across our client portfolio.
This role is a great opportunity to take ownership of this growing capability within Merkle, ensuring we deliver high quality feed management work, leading the client relationship for some of our key feed clients, refining the proposition, and developing more junior team members. We’re looking for someone who’s excited by a diverse role that requires you to manage multiple workstreams, effectively communicate with clients, direct reports and senior colleagues, and an ability to continuously self-educate in this area of digital marketing.
Life in the Feeds team at Merkle
- Developing our Feed Management offering – identifying new opportunities (e.g. new feed management platforms, marketing channels) and capabilities we could be using to deliver best in class work for our clients.
- Owning our Feed Management proposition – refining and driving forward our proposition for clients and ensuring our feed management remains innovative.
- Supporting our Sales team on new business pitches by providing collateral on our Feeds capabilities.
- Developing junior team members – organizing training and identifying development opportunities.
- Client leadership – leading 1-2 of our larger Feeds clients, supported by junior team members, and working closely with the digital account director where relevant.
- Collaborating with the wider Media Solutions team – whether that be working with a developer to build a web scraper when a client can’t provide their own raw feed, or working with a technical marketing consultant to use a feed in a new way for a campaign.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- A minimum of 2 years managing and optimising marketing feeds for one or more marketing channels e.g. for Google Shopping, Facebook Product Ads. This could be in-house, at an agency or a feed technology company.
- A general background knowledge of the digital marketing space, particularly Google Ads and/or Facebook Ads.
- A strong business acumen – this role will include working strategically with multiple clients, helping them to utilise feeds to meet their marketing objectives
- A desire to drive forward a business offering – you will be the owner for the Feeds proposition with support from the Media Solutions Director, looking after the overall performance of the Feeds team, resourcing, and line management.
- Experience as a line manager is preferred, but not essential. We have a comprehensive management and leadership training programme available internally for new managers, and we can adapt line management responsibilities based on the successful candidate’s previous experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.