REMOTE Senior Cloud Software Engineer- AWS
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle is looking for experienced Cloud professionals to be part of its Cloud practice. You will be working on industry leading public Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform to design, develop, and implement next generation marketing solutions leveraging cloud native and commercial/open source big data technologies.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer - AWS, you will:
• Collaborate with cloud architects, tech leads, front end developers, back end developers, QA, business stakeholders, and project managers to design and build services on AWS for applications on the Web or on edge devices.
• Develop reference architectures and design pattern library for typical Cloud based solutions implementations
• Advise on Cloud project set up, security and role based access implementation, and network optimizations
• Implement DevOps processes on all project executions on AWS
• Conduct training and enablement programs for Merkle’s internal delivery teams
• Hands-on work as part of a global team and coach off shore developers
• Participate in customer facing pre-sales collateral such as demos, technical presentations
• Participate in technical interactions with client’s executives and senior management
• Participate in technical customer engagements such as Proof of Concepts, project delivery for key strategic opportunities.
• Develop end-to-end Enterprise grade Concept Solutions, facilitate discussions with business & IT stakeholders and highlighting the outcomes that can be delivered through these solutions.
• Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects
• Effectively communicates with diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc
• Hands-on experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc; requirements analysis, design, development testing and implementation
• Work with agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, and performance analysis
• Develop the required technical modules/end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
• Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with stakeholders
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow up
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
• 3+ years of technical management and though leadership role delivering success in complex data analytics environment, managing various stakeholders relationships to get consensus on solution
• 3+ year’s design and/or implementation of enterprise applications
• 2+ years’ experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to one or more industry leading public cloud(s)
• 3+ years of AWS experience
• Experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with scripting experience in Python, Java, Nodejs.
Specific AWS Services of Interest include (but not limited to): S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Glue, EMR, , IAM, Kinesis, Quicksight, Redshift, SNS, SQS, etc. Specific to DevOps side: Git, Bitbucket, CodeCommit, Jenkins, CodePipeline, or similar
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.