CRM Project Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
As a Technical Project Manager within our business, you will be accountable for the management of a range of projects, from large on-boarding projects bringing new clients into the business (projects values in the £500k-£1m range) through to small Change Requests (£10-25k). Our projects are solely based on implementing data and people-based marketing solutions and technologies. As such, strong experience of managing and implementing projects within CRM, web and/or marketing automation is desirable.
Working closely with the Client Partner and the Solutions Consultants, you will be a key part of a project team delivering an exceptional service and successful change for our clients.
Life as a CRM Project Manager at Merkle
We’re an agency, so your role will have a broad, diverse set of responsibilities within a dynamic and fast-paced environment! In any given week you could be involved in onboarding a new Client, reviewing and planning for growth opportunities; leading a daily scrum call, delivering any number of key Change Requests – helping our existing clients make those compelling connections to drive growth; or defining and delivering enhancements to our project management processes or systems.
We’re a strong, established, highly performant team within the business with a reputation for excellence in execution and enjoying ourselves whilst we’re at it!
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer day
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- 3+ years’ experience as a Technical project manager or as a CRM and/or digital PM
- Experience leading data, technical or marketing automation platform projects
- Experience in delivering integration projects or data migrations
- Able to translate relevant technical detail for non-technical business stakeholders so that they understand impact & rationale
- The ability to ensure technical decisions are made in order to deliver business and customer benefit within the boundaries of agreed scope & budgets.
- Good understanding of Adobe Campaign Suites, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Pega Software is essential to this role.
- Experience delivering projects using agile and/or waterfall methodologies
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle
- Experience with JIRA or similar tools
- Proven people management skills with the ability to inspire your team
- Strong stakeholder management and a collaborative mind-set and attitude.
- Good attention to detail, proven track record managing scope, risks, issues & budgets
- Resilient, ability to manage multiple projects and associated demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management certification desirable
- Agency experience is desirable
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.