Paid Search (SEM) Senior Associate, eRetail (Amazon)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in the U.S.! Ability to work EST hours is required.
Merkle is looking for an eCommerce / Retail Search Senior Associate to support a large retail client. Reporting into the Manager, Marketplace and Retailer Optimization (MRO), the Senior Associate will demonstrate the ability to report and optimize client marketing campaigns within Amazon, Criteo, Walmart and other retail media networks. You will play an essential role on client teams to build and execute large-scale campaigns and tests that deliver on our strategy for the client. You will deliver reporting, insights, and projects in a timely manner and within budget plans supporting the team with flawless execution.
- Manage ongoing optimization efforts to meet campaign goals, including daily management of campaign budgets, bid management, reporting, keyword and targeting strategies, and campaign revisions based on performance history and our client's goals.
- Plan and execute retail search campaigns, including account setup, campaign builds, daily optimization, bid strategy development and managed and budget pacing.
- Interpret performance reports to provide actionable insights and analysis
- Ensure campaigns are run to agreed upon best practice guidelines
- Assist and attend weekly calls and meetings
- Collaborate across our client team and channels.
- Provide proactive management and coaching of Analysts supporting account; effectively communicating task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth in their core functional areas or responsibilities. Responsible for performance evaluations and feedback.
- Actively monitor and share industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings…often on the fly at the client’s request.
- Work comfortably in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace.
- At least 1 year digital performance marketing experience in ecommerce / retail search, paid search, PPC, paid social, programmatic, or managing large-scale, complex ecommerce campaigns.
- Experience managing budgets, meeting KPIs and informing KPI goals
- Amazon Marketing / Sponsored Ads knowledge preferred.
- Agency experience a plus
- Working knowledge of bid management platforms preferred
- Strong excel skills and analytical mindset, with the ability to identify trends and insights through data analysis
- Enthusiasm for performance marketing, new platforms and the exciting world of eCommerce and emerging platforms.
- Strong personal organizational, communication and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Enjoy learning new platforms, skills and analyzing data and working with agility and learning more about retail media capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.