Senior Associate - Paid Social (London or Edinburgh)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Paid Social to support our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snap and other Social platforms! Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, from FMCG Giants to Travel & Retail Gurus, and everything in between. We work very closely with the social platforms to remain at the cutting edge of our field and we’re looking for people who are passionate about all things Social who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
This role is best suited to someone with 2+ years of hands-on Paid Social experience, who can help to develop and drive the tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients' Paid Social goals. The role is diverse and requires the ability to multi-task, effectively communicate, and continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space. This requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. You will also contribute to the growth of the Social department through development of best practice, supporting in new business, and joining cross-department initiatives.
Life as a Paid Social Senior Associate at Merkle
- Independently and proactively drive Paid Social strategy to achieve client objectives
- Lead small account teams or sub-teams, assuming accountability and ownership with limited supervision
- Develop strategic roadmaps and testing plans, as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights
- Platform account management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
- Present information in spoken, written and visual form to a variety of audiences of different knowledge levels, from internal teams to external client executives and Social platform partners
- Logically translate and present analytical insights to non-analytical stakeholders
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 2+ years of experience in Paid Social at account executive or account manager level.
- Familiarity with Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, and LinkedIn platforms.
- Whilst not essential, experience using Pinterest, Snap, TikTok and other social platforms.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss a flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.