AWS Solutions Architect
Merkle DACH: Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking to reinforce our Cloud Solutions team with an all-rounder Solutions Architect that has a software engineering background, knowledgeable about Cloud Computing and DevOps, and willing to help us design, develop, transform, and modernize applications for the cloud.
- Write clean, high-quality, scalable and maintainable code
- Collaborate with teams to develop cloud applications by providing architecture guidance and hands-on technical coding/scripting support during all phases of a delivery.
- Evolve re-usable architectures and document best practice patterns for cloud-native development in multiple scenarios.
- Research new cloud technologies for fit-for-purpose and socialize architecture recommendations with agile teams
- Resolve architecture and cloud technology problems from application developers
- Collaborate on cloud initiatives and support solutioning of LOB application and developer concerns
- Demonstrable experience in technically planning software development projects, defining, describing and defending the chosen architecture.
- Experienced in appropriate methodologies and design patterns.
- Coordinate and organize a software development team on a technical level.
- Enjoy understanding, influencing and challenging the business requirements and discussing with business partners.
- Design and implement service-oriented applications.
- Build cloud native solutions on platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes
- Implement both proofs of concept, prototypes and production-grade software
- Support the implementation of CI/CD, Quality Assurance, Automated Testing, shipping code to production many times per day with quality
- Manage stakeholder - Understand customer requirements and manage expectations for personal deliverables.
- Communicate well and good in client relationship, effective at understanding our product portfolio and how to promote our offer.
- Perform technical debugging, troubleshooting and root cause analysis for various technical issues as well as assistance in resolution.
- Provide DevOps expertise to our clients, accelerate delivery, optimize resources, improve availability, improve - application/product/platform/system quality.
- Define Monitoring strategy for effective performance insights of the health of production applications
- A drive to learn new things, continuous improvement following company’s internal education program.
- Demonstrate and share passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid software development lead experience in Java or Python and popular frameworks
- Excellent knowledge in object-oriented programming principles and software design patterns.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud offering: AWS or GCP.
- Expertise on container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Backend-oriented technologies and application development using Python, SQL, NoSQL, ORM technologies
- Recognized skills in topics such as DevOps, CI/CD, testing frameworks, cloud concepts, RESTful APIs, microservices, serverless, event-driven architecture, distributed systems.
- Very familiar with source code management using Git
- Knowledge of agile development processes and methods
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Strong written and spoken interpersonal skills in English, French as a plus
- Methodological, flexible, fast learner, autonomous, team player
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt