Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Our Senior Developers design and implement multi-terabyte operational marketing databases that integrate our client's data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house a hundred million individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the Marketing Technology Group.
· Building and maintaining SQL scripts in Microsoft SQL Server.
· Building and maintaining SSIS packages.
· Building and maintaining complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extract.
· Building and maintaining complex ETL scripts.
· Building and maintaining data mart extraction processes.
· Performing quality assurance and testing at the unit level.
· Writing user and technical documentation.
· Design for smaller projects.
Financial Industry Experience a plus
Key Skills and Experience
· Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
· Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience designing and developing database solutions using SQL server and/or Cloud database solutions (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.).
· 2+ years of experience designing and developing ETL solutions using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x version, Matillion, Talend.
· 3+ years of data focused software development and design experience.
· Experience developing with Bash and Python.
· Strong client-facing skills (communication, explanation, slideware, etc.).
· Strong project/task management skills.
· Knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Configuration Management (CVS), Issue Tracking (TeamTrack; Jira), and the Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall; agile).
· Experience with CDI (Customer Data Integration) is a plus.
· Experience in database marketing is a plus.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.