Senior Client Services Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We have an exciting opening for a senior level director to join the Merkle client service team, leading a group of the agencies largest digital media planning and buying services clients. Reporting to the VP of Client management the role will involve driving the agencies strategic direction, growth and commercial performance for these recognizable global brands to whom Merkle provide services across multiple digital media channels and media analytics. The role would also include management of client directors and execs within the agency. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital/performance media, capable of working alongside channel specific experts to create the optimum structure and conditions for best in class media activation and performance analysis.
With Merkle’s unique position in the market as a leading agency in performance media and march tech solutions, many of the agencies largest client relationships span across media and Martech engagements. The right candidate will have the vision to see and exploit opportunities connecting data, technology and media strategy, working with a wide variety of expertise across the agency.
Life as a Client Service Director at Merkle
As a client service Director at Merkle, your day to day role and key responsibility will be to ensure operational success for our clients and drive strategic growth opportunities for the agency in line with client objectives.
You will have strong relationships with both senior client stakeholders and department/capability leads within the agency to ensure scopes of work and processes are clear and adhered to, team structures are design for both client and agency success and client satisfaction is maintained . The Director role is the key point of contact for the senor clients, leading the following areas of business:
- Commercial Oversight– Leading contract negotiations and pricing models. Maintaining profitable agency margin with oversight of revenue forecasting & billing
- Account Leadership – Developing a good understanding of different agency offerings and ways of working , connecting client needs & objectives with the services provided by the agency
- Performance Management - working side by side with delivery teams to ensure client targets and expectations are exceeded
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- Attitude is key – we need someone with energy, ideas, curiosity, passion and a and willingness to learn/adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, ensuring work and monitoring is accurate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with senior clients and act as the face of Merkle onsite
- A team player with the ability to balance client priorities with agency commercials
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects, with added value and a curious and proactive approach
- Team management experience
- Digital media expert with 10+ yrs experience
- Demonstratable experience of working with/supporting Martech solutions
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.