Principal AWS Solutions Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle is looking for an experienced Amazon Web Services architect to be part of its Cloud practice. You will be working on industry leading AWS platform to design, develop, and implement next generation data modernization solutions leveraging Cloud native and Commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies.
As a Principal AWS Solutions Architect, you will
- Be the force behind shaping the future of our AWS practice by leading innovation efforts and developing Intellectual Property
- Leading the attainment of AWS competencies, specializations, certifications and accreditations by Merkle
- Lead efforts on listing Merkle solutions on AWS marketplace
- Lead the development of minimum viable products for Merkle & AWS joint innovation solutions
- Advise clients on AWS optimized architectures for enterprise data management, craft strategy and roadmaps for on-prem to Cloud migration initiatives
- Be hands-on in developing prototypes and conducting Proof of Concepts
- conduct architectural reviews and develop cloud economic models
- Act as a trusted advisor to client on all things AWS
- Assist pre-sales team in client pitches
- Participate in technical interactions with client’s executives and senior management
- Mentor client/Merkle resources on AWS and its services
- Evaluate and analyze new commercial/open-source services/technologies offered by AWS, and other Big Data technology vendors
- Interface with AWS Solution Architects and Engineers on:
- Development of reference architectures and design pattern library for typical AWS based solution implementations
- Creation of Merkle’s new services capabilities, packaged solution offerings
- Advise on AWS set up, security and role based access implementation, and network optimizations
- Advise on DevOps strategy and methodology
- Create customer facing pre-sales collateral such as demos, technical presentations
- Assist in Merkle’s achievement of AWS competencies and specializations
- Hands-on AWS professional
- Possess thorough understanding of AWS technical landscape, business drivers, and emerging computing trends in the industry
- AWS Professional Solutions Architect certification (or similar) along with AWS Specialty level certification(s) in Big Data or Data & Analytics space
- Minimum 10 years overall experience in systems integration field with strong hands-on experience in data integration, data warehousing, and analytical projects
- Intimate familiarity with enterprise data modernization efforts, EDW migration to Cloud
- Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow up
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
- Certified AWS Professional Solutions Architect or similar AWS Professional level certification
- 5+ years of technical management and thought leadership role with a Global/Regional System Integrator delivering success in complex data analytics projects on AWS
- 5+ year’s design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications on AWS
- 2+ years’ experience in “migrating” on premise workloads (especially EDW, Data Lake, Analytic sandboxes) to AWS
- Demonstrated experience of designing and building Big Data solutions on AWS stack leveraging Redshift, EMR, Glue, Lambda, Athena, Sagemaker, etc.
- 5+ years experience using Python as programming and scripting language
- Experience in DevOps to build CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Technical architectural and development experience on Massively Parallel Processing technologies, such as Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Netezza
- Technical architectural and development experience on one or more Data Integration technologies, such as Glue, Ab Initio, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, Data Stage, Map Reduce
- Familiarity with technical architectural experience on Data Visualization technologies, such as Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Technical architectural experience on data modeling, designing data structures for business reporting
- Deep understanding of Advanced Analytics, such as predictive, prescriptive, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud components: Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
- Technical prowess and passion-especially for public Cloud, modern Application design practices and principles. Accrediations on AWS preferred.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to operations support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.