Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
(This role can be based in Barcelona, Gijon or UK)
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic Data Engineer to integrate into our growing team, working across a diverse mix of clients and technologies.
Your day-to-day role will be collaborating with other highly skilled data engineers in supporting and developing new and existing large-scale enterprise datacentric on premise and cloud solutions.
You will be responsible for developing new functionality according to a commercial brief, building new data solutions and updating existing solutions depending on requirements. You will also be performing peer-reviews to ensure code adheres to best practices, is fit for purpose and scalable, and documenting technical processes in a clear and highly detailed fashion.
Being one of the go-to data specialists, you will support the Analytics, Marketing Activation and Account Management teams in responding to client and internal work requests/queries, setting expectations, and ensuring process is adhered to.
Life as a Database Engineer at Merkle
As part of your daily work, you will:
- Demonstrate technical expertise developing and supporting new and existing marketing data solutions across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Develop complex database solutions utilising technologies including SQL Server, AWS Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse and Snowflake.
- Construct complex data transformations using industry leading applications such as SSIS, Informatica, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue and Talend.
- Build and maintain cutting edge Customer Data Platforms with Adobe Experience Platform and Salesforce CDP.
- Document technical solution designs based on client and business analyst led requirements.
- Partake in scoping, planning and requirements analysis, through to discovery, design, development, testing and deployment of each work package.
- Own the delivery of the development tasks within each work package.
- Ensure development requirements align with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
What we are looking for in you:
- At least 2 years of data engineering experience in:
- SQL Server (or equivalent database technology)
- SQL Server T-SQL development
- Database and data warehouse design ideally using Kimball (or other methodology e.g., Inmon, 3NF)
- Data ingestion and transformation (ETL) SSIS, Informatica (or equivalent)
- Experience in documenting technical solution designs including data definitions, data modeling and data flows.
- Exposure to scoping, planning and requirements analysis to develop and maintain client solutions.
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or work in a similar field)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly, take ownership and solve problems.
- Marketing Agency/Service Industry exposure/experience would be beneficial.
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.