Senior Studio Designer 08
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The role of the Senior Studio Designer is to facilitate the execution of campaign related art files across all media platforms on behalf of our clients. This role will be responsible for making all necessary updates to digital and print direct marketing collateral including: direct mail, email, display, social and webpage art files under the specific direction of either the client or corresponding account team.
- Updating, versioning and finalizing creative design on email, display and social campaigns (Photoshop) and direct mail campaigns (InDesign) for use in both digital and print marketing.
- Routing and making edits of client and internal changes.
- Pre-flighting files to print/digital ready specifications.
- Working with external and internal teams and releasing final files to deployment vendors/services or teams.
- Self managing and prioritizing a heavy workload in a fast paced environment. • Collaborating with various teams and artists.
- Staying current on related creative software skills.
- Meeting and exceeding quality assurance and accuracy standards for all creative deliverables
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic or Digital Design
- A well-rounded combination of both digital & direct mail (letter kits, brochures & postcards & email display/banner/social & web) graphic production & design experience is a requirement for this position.
- Strong visual design and production execution expertise
- Knowledge of all the latest design/production tools, platforms, languages, and versions of applicable software programs
- Excellent communication skills; ability to clearly express ideas both in verbal, written and graphic modes.
- Good project management skills:
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks
- A creative mind and detail oriented with proven creative decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the mechanics of development/coding for email and display ads
- Email HTML, Front End Web, banner/display design and development (valuable but not required)
- Must be able to multi-task, working on several campaigns simultaneously, sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
- 5+ years of relevant agency experience with a strong portfolio of work showcasing creative design and production development preferred
- Understanding of branding and company identity - experience developing, following and enforcing Style Guidelines is preferred
- Ability to work within digital workflow solutions. (Workfront)
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, while keeping a good sense of humor.
- Flexibility of approach and ability to accept constructive feedback and changes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.