Associate Studio Designer 10
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The role of the Associate Designer is to facilitate the execution of campaign related art files across all media platforms on behalf of our clients. This role will be responsible for making all necessary updates to digital and print direct marketing collateral including direct mail, email, display, social and webpage art files under the specific direction of either the client or corresponding account team.
- Assisting studio designers with preflighting and versioning creative files for email, landing page, display and social campaigns (Photoshop/Sketch) and direct mail campaigns (InDesign) for use in both digital and print marketing.
- Managing assets on shared server — finding correct files, placing markups & revised PDFs on server following specific process for each client
- Implementing edits and routing of client and internal changes.
- Releasing final files to printers, deployment vendors/services or teams.
- Self-managing, prioritizing, and tracking workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Working in online workflow program.
- Working with external and internal teams: Account Management, Project Management, Creative and Editorial.
- Staying current on related creative software skills.
- Following established processes, meeting quality assurance and accuracy standards for all deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
- 0-2 years of experience; we will train on all responsibilities listed above.
- Strong visual design skills
- Knowledge of all the latest design tools, platforms, languages, and versions of applicable software programs
- Required: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Valuable, but not required: Sketch, XD, After Effects, Dream Weaver, PPT
- Base understanding of project management skills:
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Good communication skills; ability to clearly express ideas in verbal, written and graphic modes.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask are a plus.
- Flexibility of approach and ability to accept constructive feedback and changes.
- Understanding of the mechanics of development/coding for email, landing pages and display ads
- Email HTML, Front End Web, banner/display design and development (valuable but not required)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.