VP/SVP, B2B Communication Strategy (Global Account and North America Focused)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants!
The VP/SVP, B2B Communication Strategy will drive the development of integrated, omni-channel audience focused connection plans and strategic frameworks for our B2B clients.
Do you have experience in leading a transformative client? Developing insightful, innovative B2B strategies? Guiding strategy teams and working in lock-step with account leadership? If you have the background, experience and vision to lead B2B brands through their strategic communications challenges, Merkle B2B would like to hear from you.
This role will lead our strategic communications team in North America that will ultimately guide our other regions globally for activation. This individual will also be responsible for building additional scale within Merkle B2B as well as working closely with other strategic teams in Merkle and dentsu.
This position is based in North America, and international travel will be required occasional.
Strategy Development and Communications
- Formulate omni-channel go-to-market strategies in response to client briefs, ensuring that recommendations and decisions are consistent with clients’ global objectives and support regional KPIs
- Lead communication strategy for campaign frameworks that can translate to tactical communication plan recommendations
- Convey marketplace insights and competitive knowledge to the planning process, injecting insights into all client discussions and ensuring all angles are considered
- Experience in developing rich audience insights, working with first party and syndicated resources
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the strategic landscape, competitors and B2B marketplace
- Dynamic presenter with client gravitas is mandatory
Strategy Team Management and Consulting Services
- Lead NA communications strategy team and guide strategic discussions with clients
- Possess strong understanding of B2B audiences, roles in purchase decisions and media intersection with their content consumption
- Build scale of strategy team and operational support model on engagements
- Broad understanding of consulting scoping and contract process and legal implications held within
- Support client revenue growth
Agency Relationship Development
- Be the agency champion for all strategic client discussions
- Work closely with client leadership and ensure the communication is clear, input in accurate and there is a strong, healthy relationship between the agency and client for strategy engagements
- Own and foster growth in the relationships with client leadership
- Be an active industry leader - attend annual conferences, participate in speaker panels and contribute to industry blogs
- Work closely with cross service teams and be able to talk to their services in an integrated way for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- 15+ years’ applicable B2B industry and agency experience, with at least 10 years focused communications strategy
- Exceptional leadership skills and management experience – must be able to partner with and lead strategy teams
- Strong track record in B2B accounts and understanding of relevant client challenges
- Experience in developing B2B strategies driven by audience insights, data and market conditions
- Experience in audience sizing, leveraging 1st and 3rd party data to build segments
- Thorough understanding of digital media channels and buying models such as programmatic, paid social, ABM, and mobile
- Excellent understanding of the global media landscape, especially for B2B
- Ownership of department/agency initiative recommendations and implementation. Ability to understand and promote multiple disciplines across the media and marketing business.
- Track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once is desired
- Ability to quickly and confidently build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of all levels
- Capable of serving as a Merkle B2B ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Experience supporting new business is a plus
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.