Marketing Technology Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are looking for individuals to join and shape the fast-growing Marketing Technology practice within Merkle’s Enterprise Technology Strategy team. The group helps Fortune 500 marketing and technology leaders craft their customer marketing technology vision. Our focus on enabling capability assessments and recommendations across digital marketing technology, core database marketing infrastructure, and data integration combined with Merkle’s technology, analytics, and agency heritage gives us a unique value proposition to deliver on our recommendations.
As such, the marketing technology practice helps our clients understand:
-Where they are today with respect to their enabling capabilities across the entire marketing technology and advertising technology ecosystem (digital, offline, multi-media, measurement, data management
-How their current state capabilities align to industry best practices, competitors, and their business need
-What technology initiatives and functionality will enable them to achieve their business goals, while crafting the vision of their future state from an enabling capability perspective
-How to implement technology capabilities over time, detailing business benefits and value, while improving marketing, CRM, and media performance
We are looking to grow our Marketing Technology Consulting Practice and are seeking an experienced marketing technology consultant who can:
- Outline how all CRM and digital technology components work together to support improved digital targeting or measurement capabilities
- Drive a compelling marketing technology point of view related to the ability to utilize both known and anonymous information to inform multi-media marketing execution and decisions
Provide expertise, vendor knowledge, and industry best practices across digital technology components including: (Working experience or familiarity with one of more of the following)
Customer Data Platform (CDP)
Data Management Platform (DMP)
Digital Analytics and Measurement
Decision Management and Personalization
Tag and Pixel Management
Demand Side Platforms (DSP) and Ad-Serving
Core CRM skills
· Provide expertise, vendor knowledge, and industry best practices across marketing technology components including: (Working experience or familiarity with one of more of the following)
Customer Data Integration (CDI) and Digital Data Integration (DDI)
Marketing Database and/or Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Course focus on engineering, computer science, marketing, or mathematics preferred
- 2 years’ experience in consulting, technology, marketing technology service provider or IT related field with heavy exposure to marketing
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital marketing implementation and execution specific to site, display, mobile and search marketing.
- Experience leading C Level Presentations
- Experience leading a team
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills and ability to present to technical, business, and marketing audiences
- Strong MS Excel skills and the ability to crunch and explain numbers
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and tools to support digital marketing media across at least 2 of the following digital channels: site, display, search, mobile and social
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technical concepts and tools including relational databases, customer data integration, analytic modeling, campaign management and business intelligence systems
- Experience working in a digital agency, digital marketing provider, digital software provider, digital marketing organization, digital consulting firm or marketing service provider
- Excellent structured communication skills with the ability to frame complex digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding at our clients. Ability to bridge marketing and technology personnel
- Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor, leading projects and initiatives
- A self-starting orientation within a fast-paced environment with an intense desire/drive to “make things happen”
· Ability to translate marketing programs and terms to technology and data implementations
· Ability to write requirements for marketing programs execution
· Ability to write clear and concise documentation to be used by partner teams, and do this efficiently
· Understanding or working knowledge of customer journeys or use cases
· Understanding of Platforms such as Salesforce and/or Adobe marketing clouds
· Practical knowledge in generating email and multi-channel communications and the technologies that support this.
· Will be hands on, both managing the doing the work
· Be analytical and enjoy working with numbers
· May have come from an Marketing Services Provider where they were hands on the technical side of the team that is deploying communications
· May have come from the media space where they were using the tools to drive media
· Will figure things out on their own. Ex. “I have to do something in excel, so I go out and research that and figure it out on my own.”
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.