Manager of Quality Assurance
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle is seeking a Manager of Quality Assurance to provide leadership and team management within its Digital Experience practice. The Manager of Quality Assurance serves clients, business, and Quality Assurance Analysts by facilitating service delivery and continually improving teams and individuals. The ideal candidate loves working with people and building systematic processes tailored to business needs. The Manager of Quality Assurance is critical to the success of a healthy team by fostering creative solutions and ensuring support through knowledge and resources.
- Coaching individuals and teams on quality practices via regular one-on-ones and team meetings
- Collaborating with other leaders on internal initiatives to improve the quality program, methodologies, and processes
- Assessing, hiring, and retaining strong technical performers that enrich the culture
- Assigning the right individuals to projects based on alignment in skills, interest, and availability
- Communicating, contextualizing, and enforcing company policies and protocols
- Serving as point of contact for external business partnerships and recruiting/staffing organizations
- Report on success metrics and quality trends
- Recommend opportunities for tools and automation to reduce manual efforts
- Motivating and inspiring people to deliver the best work for clients and co-workers
- Conducting annual reviews and reporting on performance
- Cultivating a culture of continuous learning, curiosity, craftsmanship, and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven leadership skills managing and growing Quality Assurance teams and guiding teams to achieve goals together
- Strong ability to coach analysts, testers, and developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Demonstrated understanding of delivery methodologies such as Agile and Kanban
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Digital Experience Platforms and Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, Contentful, and Drupal
- 5 years experience in a professional services consultancy or agency
- Demonstrated prior success as a Quality Assurance Analyst or Engineer
- Experience defining automation programs within an agency setting
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with Accessibility and WCAG
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.