Junior Marketing Data Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
If you’re a logical, data-driven individual with experience analysing data sets, this role could be a perfect fit for you! The Insights Team in our Analytics Department is growing: we’re on the lookout for Data Analysts to help drive performance on our clients’ marketing campaigns.
This position is for someone who wants to start in the coming months.
This is an entry-level role that would be perfect for a recent graduate or someone with less than a year’s experience. The successful candidate will be someone who thrives when continuously learning and developing.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll be part of our industry-leading Analytics department. You’ll spend your day building and analysing cross-platform marketing data sets to enhance clients’ marketing strategies. You will work closely with clients to understand their business needs, and you’ll use web analytics data, media data and an in-depth knowledge of Merkle capabilities to identify efficiencies and untapped growth opportunities.
What is Analytics?
Digital Analytics can be used simply to measure what’s happening, but its real value is realised only when data is used to find out how businesses tick and to inform process or service improvements.
Your role will involve designing and deploying mapped data sets across a client’s marketing channels, analysing and generating insights from their data, and driving positive change across their business. We use a variety of tools to facilitate this, including Google Big Query, Datorama and Tableau alongside our own proprietary tools. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all of these, as we’ll provide full training, but any previous experience will be looked upon favourably!
Above all, you will seek to understand how prospective customers engage with marketing and use these insights to help optimise the media they invest in and align their cross-channel strategy.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
• Carry out hands-on analysis of client data, identifying patterns, insight and actions across the marketing stack.
• Analyse media data to build data-driven attribution models to support marketing decisions and budget allocation.
• Develop data strategies to enable cross-platform analysis and measurement.
• Educate clients as to the different attribution and insights processes/tools found within the platforms we use.
• Build a roadmap of analysis projects for your clients and work to deliver against that.
• Lead account management, maintain daily written / face-to-face contact with clients.
As you grow into your role, we will look to you to drive our best practices and processes in your area of expertise. Innovation is the lifeblood of our company: we’re always open to individuals pursuing their interests to create a new, valuable offerings for our clients.
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop our in-house talent, thereby offering the successful candidate a fulfilling and long-lasting career.
What we are looking for:
· A logical, curious and analytical mind set
· The ability to work autonomously and collaborate as part of a wider team internally
· The ability to engage clients, instigate and monitor change management within the organisation as needed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· A desire for continuous knowledge improvement
· Experience with SQL, R or Python
· Experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
· Previous Media experience
· Knowledge/experience of Google Marketing Platform (Google Ads, Campaign Manager…)
· Understanding of statistics and modelling techniques such as Attribution, Regression
· Experience with Tableau, Powerbi, Datorama or any BI visualisation tool
If you possess any of the desirable skills above, please let us know in your cover letter as these would be a wonderful bonus.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on Data used within marketing so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in Data and Analytics.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete record a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research. Think about looking into Google analytics, tools, platforms, metrics etc
· Online Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the Online Interview. This is a chance for you to meet the team via video call, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person. You will also be given a coding/ problem solving test so you can showcase your ability.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together an Data focused presentation, based off a pretend client brief. Until we all return to the office you will present this over video call.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days