Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Manager will play a pivotal role in maintaining client success by providing exceptional service and value to our clients. The Account Manager will aid the Account Directors with all aspects of account and project management. The Account Manager will be the direct liaison between client and internal team to achieve successful deliverables. The Account Manager should be well organized, flexible, process orientated, have great attention to details, strong project management skills, and an eagerness to learn and grow.
An understanding of the client services role and responsibility on the business, ability to represent Merkle creative and other service lines to client is essential. Merkle has established best practices and processes that the Account Manager will adopt for successful management of the business with the goal of flawless execution.
This role may have a Coordinator report to them under the leadership of the Account Director.
- Day-to-day client contact
- Primary internal contact on day-to-day deliverables
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to create and manage schedules
- Ability to manage monthly billing process
- Experience working with creative and media teams
- Owns weekly Status Report and Daily Hot Sheets during busy periods
- Keen sense of process - adapts to agency process and adopts client process for flawless execution
- Prepare meeting recaps with accuracy in next steps
- Coordinate internal and external client meetings
- Eagerly contribute to projects wherever needed
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Apply learnings to new tasks independently
- Demonstrate growing understanding and implementation of internal processes and improve existing processes
- Ensure on time, on strategy, accurate program execution
- Comfortable with data, database, analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years working in an agency environment
- Creative management experience is mandatory
- Health vertical experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook) and Microsoft Teams
- Experience collaborating with remote team members
- Excellent, proven organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience managing client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve; ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
- Strong listening and superior relationship building skills
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.