Program Manager- Digital Experience
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
Many locations and remote work considered.
- Define, implement, and manage the communication and governance model necessary for the program, inclusive of specific reports and metrics (such as budget), that will be tracked as a means to monitor and report on the delivery health and performance of the teams within the program
- Assist in the review (and development where necessary) of project plans, estimates, and staffing plans, and for distinct projects within the overall program, ensuring they are aligned with the overall program goals and objectives.
- Understand and manage the interdependencies including resources, timelines, and deliverables of the distinct projects with the aid of the Project Managers
- Identify, mitigate, and communicate risks and issues across the program in accordance with the defined communication plan and tools
- Manage program level communication across all stakeholders including client, internal teams, and critical 3rd parties with assistance of the relationship owners
- Manage the program’s overall budget and define/communicate change management procedures with key stakeholders as needed
- Manage, produce, and communicate regular program-level documentation as needed which could include artifacts such as status reports inclusive of risks and issues, overall program timeline, budget status.
- Facilitate problem solving discussions across different project teams and critical 3rd parties
- Provide overall leadership to Project Managers on the program and their cross-functional teams
- Program Manager demonstrates the ability to independently lead clients, disparate project teams, and vendors to successful delivery, while effectively identifying, managing, and mitigating risks and issues that arise throughout the life of the program in order to achieve the client’s objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8-15 + years of project management experience in either consulting, system implementation, or digital agency environment
- 8-15 + years working as a Project/Program Manager managing large complex projects with multiple stakeholders and/or 8-10 years in a Project Management Leadership role
- Proven understanding of standard project methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall
- Proven ability to deliver high risk projects, with demonstrable skills that show the ability to manage projects of high levels of risk and complexity
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal communication skills, time management, with a proven ability to do this at an executive level internally and externally
- Experience creating and managing project timelines and monitoring budgets
- Experience managing multiple workstreams and stakeholders with different business goals
- Experience working with clients and within scopes of work
- PMP or other Project Management Certification preferred
- Experience in managing projects across various mediums (e.g. email, web, video, social, etc.)
- Ability to travel as needed
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.