Merkle is a leading performance marketing services agency and part of the dentsu company, one of the world's largest holding companies. Merkle's Performance Creative practice is a 200+ team of art directors, copywriters, designers, editors, strategists and producers creating award-winning work for Fortune 500 clients including Amex, Anthem BCBS, BMW/Mini, Nordstrom, Cricket Wireless and more. What makes Merkle's breed of Creative special is that it blends the art and science of advertising and marketing creative to help its clients guide share of heart AND share of wallet, so they can actually measure the performance of a given campaign. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We're looking for a Sr. Copywriter with agency experience to develop concepts that build both brand and performance. If you can write compelling copy that motivates people to act while also providing a memorable experience, this is a position in which you will grow. Our copywriters team up with art director partners and a collaborative team of Creative Directors and strategists to develop content for digital, direct mail, online and offline marketing communications. You will work on creative campaigns that span a range of media with a focus on digital platforms, including email, print, dynamic digital display, video, social media, web and mobile. We welcome and embrace candidates from non-traditional backgrounds at all stages of their career to join our team and contribute their unique ideas.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing Communications, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in the conception and execution of email marketing, digital/social, content or direct mail in an agency setting.
- Strong communication skills with all partners
- Team-oriented managing a high volume of deliverables
- Ability to translate a business need and consumer point of view into a creative solution in the form of copy – headlines, sub-heads, body-copy, calls to action.
- Ability to write in a brand voice for widely-recognized brands.
- Demonstrate creative vision and methodology.
- Knowledge of online and mobile experiences, email campaigns, and social applications.
An essential part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the most significant commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with paid time off, and paid family leave.