Cloud Software Engineer/Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
In order to strengthen our leadership in EMEA, we are looking to reinforce our Cloud Solutions team with an all-rounder specialist that has a software engineering background interested in DevOps or Cloud Architect role, and willing to help us develop, transform, and modernize systems and applications for the cloud.
We are looking for someone able to:
- Write clean, high-quality, scalable and maintainable code
- Implement proofs of concept, prototypes and production-grade software
- Design and implement service-oriented applications
- Build cloud native solutions on platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes
- Continuous delivery and deployment, shipping code to production many times per day
- Write automated tests that demonstrate the quality of your application
- Manage stakeholder - Understand customer requirements and manage expectations for personal deliverables.
- Communicate well and good in client relationship, effective at understanding our product portfolio and how to promote our offer.
- Perform technical debugging, troubleshooting and root cause analysis for various technical issues as well as assistance in resolution.
- Provide DevOps expertise to our clients, accelerate delivery, optimize resources, improve availability, improve - application/product/platform/system quality
- Define Monitoring strategy for effective performance insights of the health of production applications
- Automate and orchestrate operation tasks, deployments, monitoring, platforms provisioning and implement CI/CD pipelines
- A drive to learn new things, continuous improvement following company’s internal education program
- Demonstrate and share his passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption.
- Solid software development experience in Python and popular frameworks
- Knowledge of at least one cloud offering: AWS or GCP.
- Expertise on container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in Backend-oriented technologies and application development using Python, SQL, NoSQL, ORM technologies
- Skills in topics such as DevOps, CI/CD, testing frameworks, cloud concepts, RESTful APIs, microservices, serverless, event-driven architecture, distributed systems.
- Familiar with source code management using Git
- Knowledge of agile development processes and methods
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Fluent in English
- Methodological, flexible, fast learner, autonomous, team player
- Interested in topics such as automation, configuration management and infrastructure as code.
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.