Senior Manager – Paid Social
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last 3 years have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle MENA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We’re on the look out for a Paid Social enthusiast to head up our rapidly growing Paid Social Team. As the Senior Manager of the Paid Social Team at Merkle MENA you’ll have the exciting task of growing our Paid Social offering across 4 office locations (Dubai, Beirut, Cairo and Saudi). You’ll need to have strong leadership skills and a passion for building team culture and people development. Alongside this you’ll need to be technically strong across all Paid Social channels in order to drive strategy and innovation across the team. You’ll have the autonomy to drive the direction of one of the fasted growing performance teams in MENA so you’ll need to be self-motivated and passionate about pushing boundaries and driving growth.
Life as the Senior Paid Social Manager at Merkle MENA
· Set the best practices for all Paid Social campaigns at the agency
· Lead by example when it comes to innovation and testing
· Understanding our client’s objectives and driving their Paid Social strategy
· Developing our relationship with Paid Social platforms
· Working with other Performance channel leads to ensure our campaigns are no running in silo
· Working alongside our analytics team to understand where clients need further support to track their activity
· Support the senior leadership team when it comes to budgeting and forecasting cost and revenue of the Paid Social Team
· Proactively support in new business pitches
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Flexible working with on average 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
· Regular company socials
· On-site Games Room with ping pong, pool table and xbox
· Team lunch once a month
· Private healthcare
· Relocation package if you are currently based outside of the UAE
What we are looking for in you
· We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 6+ years of agency experience in Paid Social
· Experience of managing direct reports
· Previous account director roles across large clients
· Worked primarily with clients on a performance basis, optimizing to ROAS or other conversion-based goals.
· Experienced in Paid Social campaign management; set up, activation, optimisation and reporting
· Extensive experience optimising paid social campaigns to meet campaign objectives
· Extensive experience with Facebook Business Manager, Snap, LinkedIn, Twitter and Tiktok
· Familiarity of the Google Marketing Platform, especially Campaign Manager and Google Analytics
· Demonstrated ability to support in winning and growing paid social accounts
· Well versed in reporting platforms like Microsoft Excel, Data Studio
· Fluent English (written and spoken)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.