Jr. Business Intelligence Application Support Engineer (100% Remote)
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
“Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.”
Location to work
- 100% Remote, East Coast or Central ONLY!
The purpose of this role is to support and maintain the BI applications to ensure that Global Technology BI team are providing a reliable, scalable, maintainable, and highly available application services to the business.
- Provide BI application support to the agreed SLA’s
- Troubleshooting issues and providing solutions where possible, engage with development teams as required to help resolve technical issues.
- Work with BI Development teams to provide application support
- Proactive monitoring of the BI platform jobs/tasks and creating proposals to ensure application performance is maintained.
- Work across the teams, peers and vendors to help continue the development of a Continuous Improvement ethos making the support services we provide best in class with a proactive approach.
- Ensure BI application support documentation is maintained and stored in central repository.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the proactive management of applications including performance, scalability, capacity, compliance, security, supportability (including patching) and maintainability
- Experience in developing data lakes and data warehouses using Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrable experience designing high-quality dashboards using Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Knowledge and ability to interrogate code and configs to fix issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in a Business Intelligence development/application
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure for data warehousing
- Good knowledge of Tableau and Power BI
- Experience working with finance data highly desirable
- 2 years’ experience in BI application and development
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.