Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
As the Customer Data Platform (CDP) Technical Lead, you will lead platform solutions for our Clients that may include Adobe Experience Platform RT-CDP, ActionIQ, Salesforce, Oracle, Lytics, Segment and quite possibly other CDPs. This role will partner with Product Managers, Technical Architects and Developers to lead design sessions and present solutions that leverage CDP platform core capabilities and Client technology. (example: Adobe.IO) You will represent the value of bridging data silos and data fabric to our Clients.
Actively drives technical solution for the Client’s data platform. This candidate will be expected to present options/considerations with respect to optimal methods to deliver against a relevant and measurable customer journey within the Client CDP Platform and with other platforms and services as required. Solutions balance business value with implementation with risk
Creates and secures Client approval on the technical solution that presents data ingestion, expected transformations, throughputs, and integrations with end point platforms. Considers points of failure and options to mitigate risks
Consults Client on their technical roadmap in support of scale and overall technology ecosystem platform improvements
Architects and develops ongoing solutions to deliver and optimize consumer journeys with focus on technology and services to enable the experience across channels
Work with clients and within agile development teams to ensure feature builds are tracked in accordance with business objectives
Work closely with developers to ensure target code follows best practices
Reviews and contributes to data models, XDM schemas
Designs and builds the required workflows to successfully
Prepares frameworks for routine data monitoring and auditing to continue supporting Client objectives
Mentors resources for effective knowledge transfer post-deployment
Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit and privacy requirements
Stay on top of emerging trends and software for customer-centric digital experience personalization
Continued efforts to mature your competencies and skill sets related to experience personalization at scale
Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Bachler’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable enterprise platform experience
- 4+ Years Specializing in Marketing Automation/Marketing Technologies
- Understanding of CXM (Customer Experience Management) recommended
- Data Modeling and working with Big Data technologies
- Adobe Experience Certification
- Cloud Development
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented and functional design
- Understanding of security best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative as well as lead, motivate, and oversee teams to produce results.
- Effectively works in a highly matrixed environment across Strategy, Business, Marketing, Analytics, Technology, Finance, Customer Success
- Solid understanding of:
- Data design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.