Business Systems Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Business Systems Analyst is the key liaison between a high profile client and the Merkle Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Business Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Merkle client(s). The Business Systems Analyst should have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Lead discovery sessions with client stakeholders and subject matter experts as a means to elicit solution change requirements, both business and functional.
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Take primary ownership for accurate requirements specifications and acceptance criteria for Solution changes, updates, and maintenance
- Take direction from Solution Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs
- Lead or assist the Quality Assurance discipline on small projects to define and execute a test plan, which will include internal testing and user acceptance testing
- Update and maintain solution documentation including Requirements, Feed Layouts and email types and variables
- Serve as the Functional point of contact for the solution, working through data and design questions/issues as they arise
- Maintain the solution in production, working with end users, and facilitating change requests with the broader team using a defined change management process
- Work remotely with globally distributed colleagues and clients with the associated schedule flexibility required due to multiple time zones
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Exhibit intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years experience with eliciting, defining, analyzing and documenting detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus
- 3+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations (SDLC) involving large databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to both business and technical audiences
- Experience drafting test plans and test cases
- Experience executing test cases, documenting, and presenting results for client approval
- Skilled with Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Able to juggle multiple concurrent projects on a daily basis
- Experience leading small development change request projects
- level of effort estimation
- manage scope and expectations
- status reporting
- deliver on time
Nice to Have:
- SQL experience to conduct data analysis and quality assurance
- Experience using MS Teams, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, JIRA
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.