We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of data engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to Data Management development, Big Data and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Location: remote from Spain
Are you looking to develop your Quality Assurance (QA) skills in a data management environment? Would you like to be part of a multicultural team and company? Do you think outside the box?
Come and join our team!
As part of your daily work you will:
- Participate in translating High Level requirements into comprehensive test plans and test case design
- Implement, execute and maintain the proposed test case scenarios, which also covers test automation scripts
- Be involved in all phases of the development cycle (from analysis to delivery)
- Be accountable for delivering a valuable increment to the business in every project
- Contribute to continuously improving your team’s way of working
- Provide component support to client needs
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international technology consultancy, where you will gain an excellent understanding of the software development cycle using Agile methodologies, and will be exposed to the newest development technologies. Be part of our professional, collaborative, fun and friendly work environment, where everyone can make a difference.
At a minimum, you have…
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software design, engineering computer science, engineering telecommunications)
- 1+ years’ experience in the Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering domain at a software or data driven company
- 1+ years’ experience understanding of QA methodologies and role of QA in software development lifecycle
- 1+ years’ experience in creating a test plan and detailed test cases to achieve an efficient test coverage of the feature
- Understanding the basic concepts of Databases for example ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processing
- SQL intermediate knowledge
- Coding knowledge required (e.g. Python, Node JS)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs
- Good attention to detail
It will be a plus, if you have…
- Experience working in big data or public cloud data environment
- Familiar with any test automation frameworks
- You have worked with Bugs and Task management systems (e.g. JIRA)
- GitHub basic knowledge
With us, you will become part of:
- An international team, where you can gain new/relevant experience.
- A dynamic environment where you will never happen to fall into a routine work.
- Career path growth astounding – client grows, our team grow, you grow!
- Start-up agile atmosphere.
- Friendly international team of creative minds
And we offer even more!
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.