Senior Business & Data Analyst (Finance/CPM)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger of Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet, and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the Dentsu group, which shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Business & Data Analyst to extend our team delivering a Business Intelligence project for one of the most famous luxury watches brand based in Switzerland.
You will cooperate with other roles (data architects, engineers, and BI developers) in a large multi-year project to provide key business insights, reports, and visualizations using a cloud-based business intelligence platform. You will focus on the financial (CPM) reporting stream.
Please note: this is a freelance opportunity for a 6 months to 1 year contract, with a high possibility of extension to a longer assignment.
- Participation in initial workshops with client’s stakeholders (C-level) to validate goals, expected inputs & deliverables
- Doing requirements gathering, logical data modelling and functional designs
- Performing data analysis of business requirements, understanding new source data and map them to the existing entity model
- Defining requirements for reports to visualize insights/KPIs on dashboards, using BI tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Working with data engineers and BI developers to automate reports generation and distribution
Required skills and qualifications:
- Subject-domain-expert on Corporate Performance Management (CPM), proficient in areas of:
- Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting
- Profitability Analysis
- Cash Flow Planning and Analysis
- Production Cost Planning and Control
- Financial Close & Consolidation
- Account Reconciliation
- Disclosure Management
- Compliance Regulatory Reporting
- Previous experience in similar Business / Data Analyst role (5+ years), preferably in a retail, manufacturing or financial industry
- Structured requirements gathering skills using standard methodologies like UML
- Strong analytical and communication skills, data-oriented personality
- Experience in development using BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlick Sense, Keboola
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, data modelling and SQL programming
Why you should work with us?
- We are cooperating with all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from to our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded branch of a company with a very strong and stable background in the Swiss/German headquarters.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients
With us, you will become part of:
- An international team, where you can gain new/relevant experience.
- A dynamic environment where you will never happen to fall into routine work.
- Career path growth astounding – client grows, our team grows, you grow!
- Start-up agile atmosphere.
- A friendly international team of creative minds