Lead Technical Consultant - Adobe Campaign
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative developer for Adobe Campaign Classic to integrate into our growing teams working across a diverse mix of clients.
The Technical Consultant (Adobe Campaign Classic Developer) role is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultancy with the focus on the Adobe Experience Cloud. As the technical consultant for multiple client projects, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding, development and handover for those projects and works with the project management and operations teams to deliver high quality technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display technical prowess, and the ability to work with cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
As the clients’ demand for Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) increases, this role will evolve to also include projects on AEP, so interest in learning new marketing tools is essential.
Life as a Lead Technical Consultant at Merkle
- You will form part of a team of circa 15 highly skilled consultants, there is not much we don’t know about software implementation!
- The team is experienced in several different software technologies, you will have the option to cross train and enhance your knowledge
- Demonstrate technical expertise while developing ETL processes, platform configuration, APIs, integrations, and other platform developments
- Create Run Books for the developed solutions
- Work on the development tasks based on the technical solution design
- Ensure alignment of requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices
- Develop data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Adobe Campaign Classic to serve clients’ needs
- Stay ahead of the curve with MarTech innovations, educate yourself and enable others on current and emerging technologies
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
- Adobe Campaign Classic Developer certification
- Experience implementing Adobe Campaign Classic projects, from development to QA and handover (either as an external agent or in-house)
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to Adobe Experience Platform desirable
- Exposure to CRM systems, ideally to Salesforce and web analytics
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures
- Good presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical and end-users
- Client facing experience in a similar role
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs
- Be prepared to travel or work on Client/Partner site when required, including other regions and abroad
Solid understanding of:
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.