Account Manager - Customer Loyalty/Promotions
Merkle is a data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency specializing in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that create people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
This position is located in the Detroit region or preferably in the Eastern Time Zone.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our P&LS team. As Account Manager, you will support well-known brands in launching digital promotional campaigns and loyalty programs. Reporting to the Account Director, you will support client interaction, support internal teams with scope, proposals, SOWs and post promotion reporting. You will develop strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders. You are passionate about campaign development, account, and project management, and will love getting to know clients and their business and be an expert at solving challenges.
- Supports Account Director in revenue-generating activities: prospecting, client research, solution ideation, scoping with Sales Engineering, documentation such as contracts, invoicing, etc.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Merkle P&LS products and solutions, documentation, internal scoping, and production processes.
- Builds brand expertise, creates and maintains best practices for named clients.
- Pre and post-sale research and presentation generation.
- Promotion reporting and analysis with supporting team members, i.e. Strategic Services, Project Management.
- Attends and/or leads internal meetings and client meetings for the Account Director, if necessary.
- 2+ years of agency account management, project management or digital production experience
- Be a self-starter with a strong business acumen
- Strong communication skills with all partners
- Conflict resolution and diplomatic strategies
- Recommend, and implement opportunities to improve internal processes
- Team-oriented managing a high volume of deliverables
- Basic strategic and analytical skills
- Digitally focused including emerging trends
- Savvy in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
An important part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees can live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the biggest commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with paid time off and paid family leave.